I have gotten serious thank-yous since posting this week’s learning video/article about volume loss when making marijuana butter, oil, and other infusions. Plus I share my all-time favorite cookie recipe — Lemon Cream Cheese sandwich cookies. Read on!
(This week’s meme is a quote from Seth Rogen’s new autobiography Year Book. )
I used 1/2 ounce of weed, decarbed it in my Ardent Nova, then I infused it in 1/2 cup of MCT coconut oil. After straining and pressing the oil out of the weed it gave me roughly 2.5 fluid oz (less than 1/3 of a cup). How do I calculate the loss of oil for potency? Nobody ever talks about this!
Support our awesome sponsors and save!
- Ardent Decarboxylater: For $30.00 off the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX decarboxylator, infuser, baker, enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Save 15% off accessories for DaVinci Vaporizers by entering the coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
- Dr. Dabber: Get 15% off any order including the fabulous Dr. Dabber Switch enter the coupon code CHERI15 at checkout.
- Genius Pipes: Save 10% off any order from Genius Pipes by entering the coupon code CHERI10 at checkout.
- Viperspectra LED Grow Lights: For free shipping in the U.S. and a special 5% discount, use coupon code CANNABISCHERI at checkout.
As desserts go, cookies don’t usually make the top of my list. But these do. I think these are my favorite all-time cookies. The flavor and tartness of the lemon in a buttery cookies, sandwiched around a rich cream cheese filling is INCREDIBLE. If you can get your hands on Meyer Lemons, it’s even better!
I first created an unmedicated version of this cookie a LONG TIME AGO for my friend, the late Gary Stewart. Out of all the things I ever cooked or baked for him over our 30-year plus friendship, they were also his favorites. I hope you enjoy this cannabis-infused version.