You are not going to believe how quick and easy it is to make this luxurious whipped marijuana body butter! And how little it takes to make it, just 3 simple ingredients:
That’s it! The body butter has a thick creamy consistency that melts into a healing moisturizing oil upon skin contact. I slather it on after every shower.
I find this body butter, even in this simple 3-ingredient form, helps with a variety of conditions.
I have had great luck with minor aches and pains, and it even helps take away the painful leg cramps I sometimes get.
My friends and I have also had great luck using it on rashes, eczema, mild psoriasis, and even bug bites. Whenever we have itchy skin, it seems to quickly soothe that itch away.
Only 3 Ingredients to Make Marijuana Body Butter? What’s the Catch?
No catch, in its basic form, that’s all it takes to make cannabis body butter -- which is not to say the basic formula can’t be improved upon (more on that below).
If there is any “catch” it’s that the coconut oil used to make it can liquefy at hotter temperatures (something I improve upon in the upgrades, see below). However, if you store in the fridge between uses, this is not an issue.
Also this is all natural with no chemicals or preservatives, so you will want to make a small batch and use it within a month, trust me that will NOT be a problem.
The other somewhat negative is, it smells of weed and coconut oil, which to me is not unpleasant, but some might prefer other scents, another topic I cover in the upgrades.
While there may only be three ingredients involved in making this marijuana body butter, they each serve an important purpose:
- Cannabis – Medical marijuana can provide effective treatments for a number of conditions by being applied to the outside of the body! You won’t get high but you may find relief from aches and pains, inflammation, itching, rashes, skin conditions like acne, eczema, and psoriasis, and much more.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil provides a rich, moisturizing skin conditioning treatment. In addition, it is anti-microbial and anti-fungal, helps reduce inflammation, and is said to help with certain skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and even acne.
- Cornstarch or Tapioca Flour – You could leave out these simple kitchen ingredients and make 2-ingredient body butter, but adding a little makes the body butter a little less greasy going on.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Marijuana Body Butter in 3 Easy Steps!
- Infuse cannabis into coconut oil. I usually only make a small batch, as you will want to use this body butter within a month or two. My favorite ways to make small batch infusions are in the Ardent Lift Decarboxylator or using the Mason Jar infusion method.
- Allow the infused oil to solidify. Chill the infused oil, then bring to room temperature.
- Whip it good! Add infused 1 cup infused coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch to a large bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. That’s it you’re done!
How to Improve Upon 3-Ingredient Marijuana Body Butter (Free Download)
When I am in a hurry, I just make up the basic formula above. However, there are LOTS of things you can to improve upon this basic original.
I created a special Free downloadable tutorial of my favorite quick and easy ways to improve upon this basic marijuana body butter. All of the ideas are all easy to implement with common ingredients that you can find in your kitchen, at the supermarket or health food store, and/or online.
Download your FREE copy and get ready to experience some INCREDIBLE homemade cannabis body butters that also make thoughtful homemade gifts!
My special Making Easy Marijuana Body Butters Tutorial includes:
- How to adjust the dose of marijuana topicals
- Easy to make CBD body butter formula
- Ingredients to add to prevent liquefying at warmer temperatures
- How to extend shelf life with the all-natural “preservative” you already have in your medicine cabinet
- How to use common kitchen ingredients add scent to body homemade cannabis body butters
- How to add additional skin nourishing antioxidants using common kitchen ingredients
- How to add essential oils to marijuana body butters
- Thrifty packaging ideas for cannabis body butters
- Recipe for my personal favorite marijuana body butter variation: Lavender and Green Tea Cannabis Body Butter