HAPPY 420 Month!
Isn’t it ironic there will be no big 420 celebrations in a year where the entire month os April is 420?
Nonetheless, if you are curious about the origins of the “High Holiday,” see Steve Bloom’s insightful article here.
I hope everyone is staying healthy during these most strange times.
We have been working on course and website infrastructure projects we have put off a while, so look for a new and improved CannabisCheri.com coming up in a month or so. I have also been doing lots of cooking, more specifically stocking the freezer with medicated and nonmedicated foods. In case you want to do the same, see the Eat Your Weed section of this newsletter.
Before I get to this newsletter however, I have a favor to ask…
Your Feedback Please?
In an effort to give my readers what they want and check in with you guys, I would appreciate your feedback on this newsletter. I promise it will only take a minute or so, but this will help me know what I am doing right and what needs improvement. Your comments can also help spread the word to others trying to learn about cannabis. Click to the feedback form here and THANK YOU!
Without a doubt the Puffco Peak has to be the most stylish concentrate vaporizer around. In fact, it’s so stylish it would blend right in with other items on a shelf as it kind of resembles an essential oil diffuser. But it’s not!
The Puffco Peak works with concentrates only, meaning wax, shatter, budder, etc. (unlike the Dr. Dabber Switch that I reviewed a few weeks ago that can “Switch” between concentrates and flowers). And I have to say it provides one the smoothest concentrate hits I’ve ever experienced and the other product testers I had try it agree.
Read more about the Puffco Peak and watch a demo of how it works.
In addition to the regular coupon codes, there are a couple of special deals going on to tell you about this issue:
- DaVinci is offering their fabulous Miqro personal flower vaporizer for just $99 during the month of April. Celebrate 420 with your own personal flower vape at a great savings (and DaVinci almost NEVER does sales).
- Joy Organics CBD is offering 30% all products in their store until April 7, 2020 at midnight MT. Just enter the coupon code STAYWELL at checkout.
- Ardent Decarboxylater: For $30.00 off the Ardent Decarboxylator/Small Batch Infuser enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Cannademy.com: Get 15% off any online course including A Crash Course in Marijuana, Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals, and Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks by entering the coupon code CANNABISCHERI15 at checkout.
- Dr. Dabber: Get 15% off any order including the fabulous Dr. Dabber Switch enter the coupon code CHERI15 at checkout.
- Boldt Bags: For 10% off any order from Boldt Bags (my favorite brand of filter bags for kief and hash making) enter the coupon code cheri at checkout.
- Genius Pipes: Save 10% off any order from Genius Pipes by entering the coupon code CHERI10 at checkout.
Freezer Friendly Edibles
With so much extra time lately, I have been stocking my freezer with both medicated and non-medicated foods. Long before I got into the world of cannabis I wrote The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Easy Freezer Meals. The same advice in that book applies to cannabis infused edibles!
Freezing edibles makes good sense as you can portion control your edibles and have them at the ready anytime you need them. Know that you in addition to edibles, you can also freeze your canna-butter and infused oils in order to give them a longer shelf life. Click here for more general information to help you with successfully freezing butter, oil, and edibles.
To be sure some edibles freeze better than others, but MANY of the foods we typically medicate, and many more we CAN medicate can be successfully frozen. Most baked goods, like cookies and cakes, freeze well. Many cookie doughs can be frozen then baked up fresh you want a nice hot medicated cookie out of the oven. Same with pies and pie crusts. Cakes or cupcakes can be frosted and come out of the freezer, thaw, and enjoy! Soups are another category of foods that generally freeze well. Check out these pages for lots of freezer-friendly options:
- Marijuana Cookie Recipes
- Cannabis Cupcake Recipes
- Marvelous Medicated Pies
- Brownies, Brownies, Brownies!
- Marijuana Soup Recipes
There are many, many more foods that can be successfully frozen for later. There are two important tips, however, to keep in mind anytime you want to freeze any kind of foods:
- Make sure the food has completely cooled before freezing. If you put warm foods in the freezer condensation and moisture will accumulate which can lead to freezer burn. Cool completely in the fridge then transfer to freezer.
- The other important thing to protect against the dreaded freezer burn is to wrap foods well. So for instance, with cupcakes I will wrap the individual cupcakes, then put them all in a freezer bag.
Soup Saving Tip
- If you don’t have lots of room the freezer for containers of soup, place in heavy-duty zip to bags and freeze flat. You’ll be amazed at how much will fit in your freezer this way.
(This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you order, I get a small commission at no cost to you.)