When I was a child, this simple appetizer was the height of sophistication (yes, I am showing my age). But like all classics, it's just as delicious today, and with the addition of cannabis, well it's better than ever!
An interesting culinary fact: Dishes such as Shrimp Cocktail were developed during alcohol prohibition in order to use the glasses that were no longer used to serve alcoholic beverages!
I use marijuana oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 15 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Marijuana Recipes: Cannabis Infused Classic Shrimp Cocktail
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- hot sauce such as Tabasco, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cannabis infused olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 cups celery finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp cooked and chilled
- 6 thin lemon slices for garnish
- Stir together ketchup, horseradish, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and cannabis oil until well combined.
- Add chopped celery to the bottom of 6 large stemmed cocktail glasses – Margarita or large wine goblets work well.
- Spoon cocktail sauce over the celery.
- Balance cooked shrimp and lemon slice on the glass rim and serve.