I first discovered this wrap sandwich recipe years ago at The Live Oak Music Festival in Southern, California where we would eat it most every night (even the non-vegetarians). Sadly, the concessionaire went out of business years ago. We missed this vegan entree so much, we started to make our own Phenom Rolls, as they were called, at home. They’re even better when you medicate the peanut sauce, as in this recipe!
I use marijuana oil to make this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
Versatile Peanut Sauce
The marijuana infused peanut sauce used here can be used in lots of other recipes as well, so pick a Thai recipe and use it instead or serve over grilled meats like they do in Thai restaurants.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Marijuana Recipes: Phenom Rolls - Asian Style Veggie Wraps w Medicated Peanut Sauce
- 1 package extra firm tofu cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 cup cooked Jasmine rice or any other variety of white or brown rice
- 3/4 cup carrots julienned
- 3/4 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 3 green onions chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 extra large flour tortillas
- Hot sauce to taste, optional
- Prepare peanut sauce by spraying cooking spray in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Sauté onions for about 5 minutes or until softened and starting to brown. Put onions and remaining sauce ingredients into a food processor or blender and purée.
- To prepare rolls, spread 1/4 cup rice over each tortilla, leaving about a 1 1/2 inch border at the top and bottom and a 2 inch border at the sides. Divide tofu and vegetables among the 4 tortillas and top with sauce and (if desired) hot sauce.
- Roll the tortillas burrito style (fold up bottom, then starting at one side, roll into a cylinder). Serve immediately.