While the garlic powder may not be traditional, it does enhance the flavor and hide some of the “green” taste but feel free to leave it out. A Jewish Bubby (who happened to be a fabulous cook) once told me the secret to fluffy matzo balls is to NEVER open the lid during the cooking process. It’s always worked for me!
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Marijuana Recipes -- Medicated Matza Ball Soup
- 4 large eggs large
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused oil *
- 3 schmaltz (chicken fat) or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup seltzer water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/8 cups matza meal
- 4 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 1 carrot large, peeled and sliced into 1/-inch rounds
- 1 stalk celery large, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs and cannabis infused oil and water or seltzer water together with a fork until well combined. Mix in salt, pepper and optional seasonings, if using. Mix in matzo meal until thoroughly mixed. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While waiting, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add stock to a separate large pot along with carrot and celery. Bring to a boil then lower heat and simmer until vegetables soften.
- Moisten your hands and form the refrigerated matza mixture into 8 balls. Drop into the salted boiling water. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Do not open the lid! during cooking!!
- Place 2 matza balls in each bowl, and fill each with soup and vegetables. Serve immediately.