Use this versatile marijuana recipe for India's favorite condiment to add medicated flavor and spice to all kinds of foods like simple steamed or grilled meats, poultry, or seafood. It even works well with grilled tofu and as a creative sandwich addition. Use your imagination!
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
Mangoes and Marijuana
Did you know that many mango varieties share a terpene with cannabis (the chemical element of the plant that gives it aroma and flavor)? No wonder the two are a natural flavor match. Learn more about the Mango and Marijuana connection at this link, including why some people think eating mangoes can increase the length and intensity of your high.
How to Cut a Mango
Mangoes have a thick skin you will need to remove and they contain a single large flat oblong pit you will need to cut around. Always wash mangoes before peeling and cutting.
Take a look at your mango. Regardless of which variety you use, you will notice the fruit is oblong and one side will have what looks like a small round indentation or “eye” and/or a subtle ridge that run along it. The oblong pit runs just behind this. Put your mango on the cutting board and cut through the fruit about 1/4-inch off center from this point. Repeat, cutting about 1/4-inch from the other side of the center pit. This will leave you with two mango “cheeks.” Score the fruit into strips or cubes, taking care to not cut all the way through the skin. Now take a spoon and simply scoop out the mango slices or cubes. The center portion can also be peeled and you will be able to get a small amount of usable fruit from this piece by carving around the pit.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 30 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Marijuana Recipes: Medicated Mango Chutney
- 1 cup mango large, ripe, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1/2 serrano chile pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced, about 1/2 large pepper
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar packed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup raisins golden or regular brown
- 2 grams kief, hash or hash oil
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, curry power, and kief or hash. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Stir in the ginger and Serrano pepper, and mangos and cook, stirring, for another minute. Add the mixture from the bowl and stir to combine. Bring to a bar simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in raisins and remove from heat.
Decarboxylation & Dosing for Marijuana Recipes* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 25 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.