These little marijuana muffins are quick and easy to make. Like most marijuana muffins, they pack well for a discreet medicated snack on the go.
Try to find extra ripe bananas, those just on the verge of being unusable. You can often find these in the clearance bins. If not, grocers will usually give you a deal on overripe bananas if you ask. When I find a good deal, I will usually make several batches of these muffins to keep in the freezer.
You can leave off the sprinkle of raw or turbinado on top, buy using it will give the muffins a nice crunchy top. Regular granulated sugar will work, just not quite as well, or you can leave off the sugar sprinkles on top altogether.
Peanut Butter Banana Marijuana Muffins Variation: Peanut butter chips make a good substitution for chocolate!
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
Freezer Friendly Marijuana Muffins!
For longer storage, wrap individually then freeze. When you want to enjoy a medicated treat, just bring to room temperature and enjoy.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per muffin IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Marijuana Muffins -- Kushy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups bananas mashed, about 3 small bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coarse raw sugar AKA turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper or foil muffin liners. Or alternately grease and flour 12 muffin tin cups.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a potato masher or the back of a large spoon to mash the ripe bananas.
- Add egg, milk, and melted cannabis butter and butter to the mashed bananas and mix with a large spoon until all ingredients are well incorporated
- Stir the dry ingredients into the bowl until just combined, do not over mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with the coarse raw sugar.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out without cake crumbs (melted chocolate is OK). Cool on a wire rack. If you plan to freeze, cool completely before wrapping and labeling.