The idea for this recipe for marijuana brownies came about when a good friend took the Ashley Monroe song Weed Instead of Roses to heart and gifted me with a pan of homemade marijuana brownies (yes, he knows the way to a girl's heart). The marijuana brownies were fabulous as in addition to delivering a perfectly dosed balanced buzz, they had a distinct minty flavor. But when I questioned my friend about them he said there was no mint in the recipe. The flavor came from the kief he used to medicate the batter. Hmmm, seems like we happened upon one of the naturally occurring marijuana flavor matches. Well if the brownies already had a subtle minty flavor, why not add more? I did and the delicious result is the recipe below, perfect for festive holiday celebrations. This makes a dense, fudge-like brownie.
Freeze brownies on a baking sheet until firm. Individually wrap each in plastic wrap and return to freezer. Thaw for 20 minutes and enjoy!
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 25 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Check Out the Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Brownies!
Check out my Ultimate Guide to Marijuana Brownies page for lots more delicious recipes for Cannabis Brownies, plus tips for freezing brownies, medicating and dosing your own favorite brownie recipes, marijuana brownies as a political statement, and pot brownies in pop culture!
Peppermint Candy Cane Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
plus 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 gram kief or hash decarboxylated, finely ground
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs large
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate or chocolate chips chopped
- 2 peppermint candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt until well blended. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring to blend,
until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar, eggs,
and peppermint extract until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients and
mix until well combined
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until brownies just
begin to pull away from the pan. Do not over bake! Cool for 20 minutes
- Melt chocolate and cream together in a small saucepan, stirring until smooth. Spread glaze
- Use a rolling pin or the back of a heavy cast iron pan to crush candy canes. Sprinkle
crushed candy over tops of brownies. Cool completely before cutting.
Decarboxylation and Dosing* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.