I am loving these little self contained marijuana recipes for desserts in a jar! My Lemon Berry Trifles were the first of these I made and they were so good, I decided to try a chocolate version. These are so easy to make, but always get wows anytime you serve them!
Not only are these delicious, you can make them ahead of time, and they are easy to store and transport as each one is made and served in it’s own individual jar. I used half pint Mason jelly jars to make 10 individual servings. The jars are always handy to have around as they provide a better place to store your marijuana stash than the typical plastic baggie or prescription bottle.
A single cake mix makes 15 servings. While the trifles will keep in their covered jars for several days in the fridge, this might still be too many serving for some folks. If so, wrap half the cake well and freeze for later use. When you want this dessert again, thaw, and continue. Of course you would only use half the raspberries and cream listed here each time.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 45 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Chocolate Raspberry Trifles - Marijuana Recipes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer combine cake mix, eggs, cannabis oil and water until well combined. Do not over beat. Spread batter in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until cake springs back when pressed. Cool in pan on a wire rack; invert directly onto rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and the vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the trifles, use an upside-down half-pint jelly jar as a cookie cutter and cut 30 circles from the baked cake. Don’t worry if you need to piece some of these circles together, once they are layered in the jar, nobody will ever know the difference. This dessert is VERY forgiving!
- Press 1 cake circle into the bottom of each of the 15 half-pint jars. Add a layer of raspberries, followed by a layer of cream, then another cake circle, more berries, and more cream. Garnish with a few fresh berries on top and serve, or if making ahead, cover with jar lid and refrigerate until serving time.