When looking for marijuana recipes for your holiday table, look no further! Here is the quintessential holiday dessert, kicked up with cannabis - Marijuana Pumpkin Pie! I've designed this recipe to make 4 mini pies, each containing two servings/doses of cannabis. If you prefer you could also make this as a larger 9-inch pie. Conveniently, you can wrap the cooled pies in foil and freeze so you can save some for another time. Just bring to room temperature and enjoy!
Use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Butter tutorial can help you make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how or get my Dosage Calculators (below) that do all the math for you.
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Mini Marijuana Pumpkin Pies
- 4 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar granulated
- 5-6 tablespoons ice water
- 2 large eggs large
- 1 can pumpkin 14 ounces, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk or dulce de leche (14 or 15 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut up the cannabutter, butter and shortening into small chunks and place it in the freezer for at least 15 minutes — the colder the better. Whirl flour, salt, and sugar in the food processor to blend. Add cold butter and pulse just until well incorporated — the mixture will resemble coarse crumbs (see photo, right). Remove mixture from food processor and place in a large bowl. Add ice water and mix with clean hands just until it holds together — mixture should be a little wet. Pat dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before rolling.
- The rule of thumb for flaky pie crusts is to handle the dough as little as possible. The best way I've found to do this is to roll the dough between 2 layers of plastic wrap or waxed paper. This method also makes it easy to transfer the dough into the pie plate.
- Remove your disk of dough from the refrigerator and divide it into quarters. Place one quarter on a piece of plastic wrap or waxed paper and lightly sprinkle with flour. Cover with another piece of plastic or waxed paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out dough into a circle about an inch larger in all directions than the pie pan. Remove top layer of plastic or paper, center upside down pie plate on dough, and flip the whole thing over. Remove 2nd layer of plastic or waxed paper and press dough into pie plate. If desired, use fingers to make a nice edge on pie by evening out the edges then use thumb and index finger of one hand to pinch crust around the index finger of the other hand, to make a scalloped edge. Place pie crusts in freezer while you prepare filling.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk or dulce de leche, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Pour into prepared crust(s). Bake for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for another 25 minutes or just until set. Serve warm, at room temperature or cold. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
- Variation: Instead of baking mini-pies, you can use this recipe to make 1 regular sized large pie.
Making Marijuana Butter and DosingThis tutorial will teach you to make the marijuana butter used in this recipe. **This dose is only a suggestion. For more accurate dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.
This recipe is part of a much longer feature on making marijuana pies. Click here for lots more delicious medicated marijuana pie recipes, plus video and text tutorials to help you make AMAZING cannabis-infused mini-pies!