These yummy cupcakes combine the flavors of chocolate and Kahlua, Mexico’s favorite coffee flavored liqueur. Don’t worry, there is just enough to add flavor but not give you alcohol buzz. You can use this recipe to make 12 standard sized cupcakes, or 36 mini-cupcakes (perfect for those who want a smaller dose). Don’t forget you can also adjust dosage downward by substituting some of the canna-butter for regular butter. Those who seek a stronger dose can augment this recipe with hash or kief.
I use marijuana butter to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Butter tutorial will help you make it.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Cupcakes!
Wrap cupcakes individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag and freeze. Bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime you want a medicated treat.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 55 mg THC per regular size cupcake or 17 mg THC per mini-cupcake, IF you made your marijuana butter and oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter or oil. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter and oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Cupcakes - Kushy Cocoa Kahlua Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kahlua Tia Maria, or other coffee flavored liqueur
- cocoa and/or cocoa nibs for garnish optional
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan or 36-cup mini-cupcake pan(s) with paper liners.
- Mix cocoa and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat cannabis infused butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy and well combined.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs and Kahlua.
- Beat in cocoa and water mixture and continue mixing until smooth and well combined.
- Lower mixer speed and beat in dry ingredients until just mixed, do not over beat.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. About 12-15 minutes for large cupcakes, about 10- 12 minutes for mini-cupcakes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in confectioner’s sugar. Add Kahlua, a little at a time until you reach an icing consistency you like.
- Pipe icing onto cupcakes, or alternately spread with a spatula. Garnish, if desired, with cocoa nibs and a sprinkling of cocoa powder.